Selling Instead of Rebuilding After a Fire
Fire is the disaster that can strike at any time, for any number of reasons and without warning. According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2018 alone there were over 270,000 home fires in the U.S. If you are like so many other Americans who are a victim of a house fire, we are sorry for your loss and hope that your family escaped unharmed. We understand that this is a hugely traumatic time, a fire can not only leave you homeless but destroy a lifetime of precious memories and irreplaceable possessions.
Before we begin, if this happens to be the first resource you are consulting after a fire, or you do not know where to begin, please do the following as soon as possible:
Now that these essential tasks have been completed, it is time to look at how you can make the best of a tragic situation. Fortunately, there are really only two options – you can sell the home as-is or you can repair the home. Many homeowners, after realizing how long and expensive it can be to rebuild a house after a fire, decide to sell the home as-is.
Advantages of Selling A Fire Damaged Home
- Immediate cash for the value of the home.
- You get to move on with your life – get a fresh start.
- You avoid all risk. If there are cost overruns or problems they are not your problem.
- It can be financially beneficial when you combine the insurance proceeds with the sale proceeds.
- You avoid the potential trauma of moving back into the home after a fire.
- You do not need worry if the contractor truly repaired everything correctly.
- You don’t have hire contractors, process monthly insurance draws, managing construction all the while living in temporary housing.
The biggest advantage of selling your home as-is, is the ability to reclaim control of your life and return things back to normal.
The good news is there are companies, like OutFactors, that can help homeowners whose houses have been damaged by fire. We buy fire damaged homes in any condition – some need to be torn down but most can be repaired. If you would like to sell your fire-damaged home immediately, we encourage you to request an all-cash quote from OutFactors today. We can give you a fair all cash offer in as little as one day, and you can have the money in your bank account within ten days.
Let us help get your life back as soon as possible.
A house fire doesn’t have to be the end of the world – we can help make it the beginning of your new life.
We hope this article helps you decide what you what is best for you. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at OutFactors.com.
Ready to sell your FIRE damaged house?
Fill out the form below and tell us about your property to get an offer today!